Monday, April 7, 2008

TIANTAN Trip!











Hello hello folks! Guess where I've been?!

天坛公园!

It is the place where Ming and Qing dynasty emperors offered sacrifices and prayer to the heavens annually~

I visited the place with two students from Sydney University, also on exchange! Before we went into Tiantan, we had lunch at Bianyifang (便宜坊 - no, it doesn't say "pian2yi2fang" (cheap place), it means convenient - bianyi =)), a very very old brand of Peking Roast Duck restaurant - even older than the world famous 全聚德 (Quanjude)! So you see the chef cutting up the pieces of the Roast Duck in that picture. =) It is most delicious. *Content smile*





This pretty young lady is Iris - I met her sometime in the first week of registration and we just happened to chat a little. Recently we met up for breakfast and subsequently I asked her out on this trip!





This lady here is Jenny! She's a mother of a 20+ year old young man and she's picking up her university studies again because she hadn't had the opportunity to do so since she married early. I really admire her learning spirit! I would be most happy if I could do something like she did - raise a good family and then continue to learn and study. =)











Look at the gorgeous decorative arts on the beams! It's all over the place!

I didn't take pictures of the whole place, because it isn't very important. Although, it was very relaxing walking in the place 'cos it's so big and wide. Since it's spring, the winds are pleasantly cool and the air is fresh all around compared to the dusty city streets~ The entire place is green and flowers are blooming~~~