Saturday, March 15, 2008

光阴似箭

时间过得很快!就这样过了一个月,居然已经喜欢这种可以控制自己的时间、悠哉闲哉的日子。发现原来自己很家庭主妇,对打理房间的清洁原来可以这么认真,隔两三天就洗衣服,今天还换洗了床单,觉得很有成就感。这些事情在家里都是妈妈在做,就没有这个特别想要做家务的冲动。但当我有了这样一个完全属于我的空间,我忽然变得特别在意这个空间的打理。(Jieming remember the time you told me about you spending time to wash the toilet every week? I really can understand what you are talking about now.=))

Anyway, Beijing TV is currently screening this serial called 笑着活下去. I'm too lazy to describe the serial so I'll just share this link for anyone who really wants to know what it's all about. The male lead (Wenbang) is this common looking guy who is more than a decade older than the female lead (Yanyang). They went through many difficulties before devoting their lives to each other. He loves her in this quiet, strong way, lending her strength and protecting her. Yanyang is not a frail wall flower - she faces all adversities with a smile, and it is very moving to see how she has Wenbang as her loving, strong protector.

(Okay there was this big bit that I posted last night after that paragraph, but I've now transferred it to my private diary for personal consumption only. =) If you've already read it, it's okay, if you haven't, it's even better.)

Anyway, I just thought it was very cool when Wenbang stood up for his wife (Yanyang)'s sister-in-law who was abused by Yanyang's brother. Yanyang's brother Lu Jun is this horrible drunkard/compulsive gambler who vents his anger on his wife Wang Xiu all the time. Although Lu Jun bullies Yanyang and Wang Xiu, he is dead afraid of Wenbang.

Here's a part of the show I enjoy:
Lu Jun had accepted money that Yanyang's stepbrother had wanted to use to make Yanyang cut off relations with their mother. Yanyang realized that he could only be the only one who took the money after her stepbrother reminded her that she should honor her promise, since she "accepted his money". She begged him not to keep the money because kinship is the only thing that one should never sell. Wang Xiu then said that he does have the money on him. Lu Jun turned to beg Wenbang to let him use the money to repay his debts, because his debtors would kill him if he doesn't pay up.

文榜:这样吧,我给你想个办法。
陆军:真的吗?大哥,您愿意帮我?
文榜:你坐下。 (Starts looking for things around the house, picking up things like chairs, sticks and finally picking up a big dumbbell.)
文榜:我给你个办法,你自己选吧,要断胳膊还是断腿。讨债的看你残了,就不好意思再跟你要钱了。我的建议是先断胳膊 (grabs Lu Jun's arm) -
陆军:我想起来了!我忘了!放在这儿我忘了!(takes cheque out of his pocket)

Hmm I think the dialogue doesn't show much of what happened (and there are bits of the dialogue that I don't remember too ^^), but I thought Wenbang was darn cool. Haha. It was very satisfying to see the bad guy being intimidated so much and I also feel very happy for the kind Yanyang 'cos she has such a strong husband to shelter her. =)