Monday, May 12, 2008

Home ahoy

Just called the Air China customer service line and got my return ticket date settled.

JULY 12, SATURDAY

I AM COMING HOME ON THAT DAY.

Suddenly I felt this swoosh of excitement, yet also this sense of being settled - at finally having a distinct date to look forward to.

I picked this date to make it easier for people to welcome me home XD If you wanna pick me up, please ask me for the flight number and time. (I don't wanna have stalkers reading this blog to interfere with my homecoming plans =D)

Really, I wasn't kidding about that one. I could pretend to say that I wanna come home surreptitiously and give everyone a surprise, but I think I should be honest to myself and my friends. When I left, I told everyone not to send me off (but Clara, Mark and Matthew came anyway and had to wave at me across the customs, through a layer of glass plus 10 meters of distance). But now I really want to see as many friends as possible, people who mattered to me, people whom I miss - right after I run through the customs and through that sliding glass door.

Damn it, I want to go home now.

Of course, I'm not too sure who'd read this (sometimes I think none of my Cabbages actually read this blog XD) or whom would actually respond to this message.

But well, it's okay~ All I want to do now is to:
  1. Finish this mountain of term papers,
  2. Clear the exam paper (note the singular tense;)),
  3. Go on the fieldtrip to Dunhuang/Xi'an/Mutianyu,
  4. Tour Beijing,
  5. Hop on the plane home!